Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh wouldn't it be nice if...

I woke up with a sinking feeling in my stomach, and this time it wasn't because I had to run to the bathroom to vomit again. Then I check my phone, and find a text from Saucy asking if I was okay, and the icing on the cake: an email from Pitt. I re-read it twice, clicked archive, now what?
          Nothing. I know Pitt will read this and wonder why I didn't say something to him. And I know his roommates read this and will wonder too. But what do you want from me? Would it make the situation better if I lied and said "sure, we can just be friends, and all still hang out, blah, blah, blah"? Maybe I'll just say that anyways, even though I know myself too well, and I won't do that.
          I guess just wiping someone (or in this case, a group of awesome guys) from your life completely makes all the what-ifs disappear more quickly. And man, do I have a lot of what-ifs. I guess I'm still just a fool for thinking that Pitt and I could continue to have fun, keep things light, but reality had to show up at some point...or in this case, on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment