Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thank you, Member.

"You know what Amanda, the best thing to think about is how your life is going to be so different in a month. You'll be in a different environment with so many different types of people, no matter where you end up. And people who were out of your life might come back in. And maybe there's someone you didn't give the fairest shake that you want to start talking to again.
         I am like you. I love being in love with someone. I love working at a relationship. But that's rare. A lot of people just want to have fun, and if they think they can have fun, and if they think they can have fun with other people, they choose to be with them. I don't subscribe to that.
          To me, love's about more than just fun and sex. It's about waking up next to someone, and saying 'I've got reservations about so many things, but not about you.' Like, just knowing that they're your best friend in the world. But it's really hard for two to wind up in the same place and have the same feelings." -Member (let me know if you want your real name here.)

1 comment:

  1. It's good your getting so much figured out because it seems to only get harder in the real world... but you should be super excited for whats to come. I have some amazing experiences this year. As you know i ended up meeting up with an old friend (josh) from my past. While things didn't work it, it shows that the greatest part of life sometimes is how ambiguous it can be :) Its funny we met up one day because it turns out he works in the building next to mine! you never know... and thanks for your words today.. i'm was bummed but slowly bouncing back...

    ReplyDelete