Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's time

Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You - Matthew 7:12


On Friday night, reality took hold. I took my rose colored glasses off and finally allowed myself to see the world as I should, even though that's not how I wanted. No matter whether it's your mom, your best friend, a boyfriend, or an acquaintance, I am reminded of the above saying by Matthew. I try act on this no matter what is going on in my life.
          And yet, where does doing unto myself come in? I've been a pleaser, a giver, and a fixer for the majority of my life. I put others before me for a long time, and sometimes I still do, but I've improved. I realized that here I was, holding out hope that something would change. I hoped that I would start to get treated the way I deserved. I would start to receive as much as I give in this friendship.
           The history, the complications, the hurt, the love, but it was the stringing along that was the last straw. It's hard when other people see it, know it, feel it, but it's not until you're ready to accept it that you hear it. Well, I heard it. Now I feel it, and it sucks.
           I will continue to do unto others as I would have them do unto me, however four years are too many years to give and give and give, but still be mistreated. It's time to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment