Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A special kind of love

The love shared between best friends is a different kind of love. A genuine kind of love. A kind of love where when she hurts, I hurt. When she's happy, I'm happy. And when she needs me, or I need her, we support each other. I'm lucky to have more than one best friend, but today, I want to talk about one in particular.
     It does not take much for us to show our appreciation. Shananny and I have had our fair shares of ups and downs. But we're both human, and I would be extremely concerned if we never had a fight in our lengthy friendship.
     Right now, we're all going through a big life change. We've graduated from college and are now a part of the working world. I keep repeating to myself, "I am not alone in this." And yet, sometimes it feels that way.
      Because of the closeness between Shananny and I, there are no secrets. There is no shame in crying, laughing, or going the extra five minutes to remind each other that we miss one another and love each other. That short text or email helps us maintain this strong friendship. But it also helps us keep and enjoy that special, best friend kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment