Friday, July 16, 2010

Men, oh men.

Yesterday, one of my precious magazines arrived: Harper's Bazaar. Cameron Diaz looked stunning on the cover, and there are some fabulous new fashion trends for fall, but those are not the things that stood out as I skimmed through the magazine.

It's not the men in my life that count. It's the life in my men. -Mae West


How simple. How perfect. How important. I love this quote, but I find some fault in it. As I reflect on the men currently in my life, whether they are family, friends, interests, or acquaintances, I notice that it's the life in the men that make them men in my life. It's those qualities that give them a presence in my life. 
          When I think of the most important men in my life, two of which include my father and grandpa, I realize that the life, spirit, and strength are the qualities that I admire the most. It's always important to differentiate the men from the boys (a lot of my male friends still act as boys), so I realize that the person behind the fact that he's a male is what counts. I thank Mae West for this quote and the meaning I found behind it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment