Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lean Pocket, not true love

I'm kind of surprised at myself. You'd think by now that my love affair with food would have brought on blog posts, but the last time I posted about anything pertaining to food was with my baked ziti and meal for one.
       Today is day number two of eating a Lean Pocket for lunch. I got lazy, so I decided to bring these instead of making a healthy sandwich or wrap. Let me start off by saying that this is good, but I could do better. I'm trying to make it feel more gourmet by eating it with a fork and knife, but come on Fool!
       George Bernard said, "there is no sincerer love than the love of food." He's right. I love food. I really love candy and dessert though. And I love trying, and re-trying, foods.
       For example, I do not like the taste of truffle oil, but I keep trying it with the hopes that I will develop a liking for it. When I think about it, I'd rather eat a Lean Pocket.
        I love food, which is something kind of new for me to admit because I used to fight with food. Now, I embrace it. It may not be true love for a Lean Pocket, but there is a true love for the brownies that a co-worker brought into the office yesterday that are filled with deliciousness.

1 comment:

  1. I love food. I've always loved food. We have a very healthy relationship!

    ReplyDelete