Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sisterly love, brought me to tears

"Don't be mad, but I started a blog." Those were the words that were sent to me by my sister. A pang went through my heart as waves of guilt overtook my body. Why my baby sister fears me is all my fault, and only I can mend that. After explaining that I wasn't mad, she emailed me the link.
             It wasn't until the end of a very busy work day that I could read her newly started blog. As I read, tears slid down my cheeks. They were mostly tears of happiness, but some sadness too.
            The love and admiration she has for me makes me so happy, but then the sadness came. She called us silent best friends, and that is what we are, for now. We are growing together, but my life experience and hardships have left me with some maturity beyond my parents's age creating a huge gap between her and I.
            I am working towards being the complete role model that she claims I am. The important piece is that she knows I love her with all my heart, and that is all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment