Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Letter writing

I'm not quite sure where I read it, but I think that it was in Dale Carnegie's book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. This is one of my favorite books, and one of the books that I have actually re-read multiple times.
       Anyways, in the book, he mentions how some of our great men in history would write angry letters in order to feel better, however it would backfire when they mailed the letters. Eventually though, some of the leaders learned that it was better to write them, but not send them.
        Last night, before watching my favorite trash TV shows, I wrote an angry letter. I said all of the things I needed to say, and do you want to know what? I feel better. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Yes, I'm still sad, but I know that I can now start to let go of that anger to move forward.
         My suggestion? Write a letter. I do this often. You don't have to hand write, you don't even have to save it. But if you're having frustrations, doubts, anger, hurt, and you need to vent, write a letter. I know it helps me, so it might help you too.

1 comment:

  1. I do that same thing :) And I can agree with you it does work.

    I wish I could know more about what your are going through right now....

    just sayin'
    ;)

    ReplyDelete