Thursday, July 8, 2010

Simply happy

Last night, I was talking with a new friend about the simple things that make me happy (and I love!). This stemmed from discussing my love of the color pink and purchasing two pairs of headphones, in pink! Then I realized how small and simple things can make me genuinely happy. This morning, I thought I'd share a few of the things that make me truly happy and I love.


  • The color pink - I'm currently wearing a pink sweater, pink ring, drinking from a pink water bottle
  • My brand new Magic Mouse at work 
  • Strong, black coffee
  • Candy - especially Sour Patch Kids, Heath Bar, Peanut Butter M&Ms, and Sweedish Fish
  • The charm bracelet the family I babysit for gave me as a graduation gift - it's personalized to remind me how much they love me, especially because I dig for worms with them
  • When Winston (my dog) greets me when I come home
  • Diet Coke, in the can, ice cold, with a straw -- my guilty pleasure
  • When people say thank you
  • Sharing a glass of good wine with my Dad
  • Spin class, even if I have to get up at 5:45AM
  • Watching The Bachelorette with my Mom and laughing until we're in tears
  • Baking cookies
  • Giving lots of thoughtful gifts
  • Sitting on the floor in CVS in the card section reading the cards to send that say I love you or I miss you

What are the simple things that make you happy? Or that you love? Please share. Have a happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can I say that although my favorite color isn't pink, I LOVE sour patch kids, health bars, peanut butter M&M's and Swedish fish! I only drink ice cold soda from the can with a straw...that is when I actually drink soda. And I can spend time in CVS for hours sitting on the floor reading cards and exploring their isles. I bake cookies to say how much I care, and do this frequently. And I wear a charm necklace nearly everyday that was my mothers in the 70's, just because it reminds me how much she cares about me!

    Too creepy?

    ReplyDelete