Friday, July 16, 2010

Take me out to the ball game

I wasn't always a baseball fan. I used to think it was boring and too slow. I grew up watching ice hockey. My dad had played and had been bringing my sister and I to New York Rangers games since we were little. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum?
         But I really do love sports; to play, to watch, to learn, to teach. As I got older, around college-aged, I start to develop an enjoyment in viewing baseball games. So I started to follow, and now here I am, proud to say I am a New York Yankees fan.
         Tonight, I am off to watch the Yanks play Tampa Bay with Safety Pin. I am beyond excited! He took me to a game for my birthday, so I had to take him for his. We had the most fabulous afternoon drinking, eating, cheering and loving. I am so grateful to have such a caring and fun person as a best guy friend in my life. I only hope that other people have people in their life who are as great as Safety Pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment