Monday, July 19, 2010

Placing the blame

Humans are not perfect. Humans are perfect with their imperfections. When it comes time to point the finger, they point it at the other. In reality, that finger should be turned back around and pointed at themselves. I can find fault. I can place blame. I can complain. I can judge. Notice all of these I statements. In the end, the fault is no one else's but my own.
            I let this happen. I let this hurt come upon me. I let years of highs and lows happen. I did this. I allowed it. And now, I am walking away. I am letting go. I am accepting fault. I may be angry at the other, but in the end, it's me.
            For me, the forgiving is the easy part. I can forgive the other, and not forget. But it's the right now, when I'm still angry, until I'm ready to accept that it's in the past, that I struggle with. It's right now that I have difficulty remembering the I statements because I want to blame the other. I want to place the blame somewhere else. But I know better, so I won't.
           I just need to remember that I need time. If I cave too quickly, I'll blur out why I'm walking away. I won't do this cycle over and over. So I place the blame on me. I knew better. I know him better, and I expected too much. I'm going to own this blame. This blame is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment