Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Like standing on your tip toes

You know in the beginning of something, when you're so excited that you feel like you're going to burst? I know the feeling all too well. But it's as if there's a brick wall between you and this something new. So you stand up on your tip toes, trying your hardest to peer over to find out more. Then, no matter what you do, you still can't see. 
             I've been having those moments lately. There's a great excitement about the tip toe phase. What's next? And you smile while as you wonder and imagine. 
            But then what happens when whatever it is you're trying to see lets you in and gives you a helpful ladder to get over the wall? This moment of transition leads to a comfort zone, at least that's what I've found in some experiences. You get comfortable in your ways. You find a routine, and you may even begin to lose the excitement. 
            That loss of excitement, yearning, and eagerness drives me away sometimes. That fear is usually why I run away from the brick wall and head in the opposite direction. I have this fear of getting too comfortable, but is there something wrong with that?
             I'm young. I'm alive. And most importantly, I'm happy. It's just up to me to keep the excitement around. So the next time that I find out what's on the other side of the brick wall, I will stand back up on my tip toes to look over the next brick wall within this something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment