Thursday, June 17, 2010

Adaptation

As I sat in one of my journalism classes that I took my senior year of college, we watched the movie Adaptation. The passion that drives the plot does not all stem from the same topics. But the important piece is that passion does exist.
             I wanted to quote from one of the ending scenes in the movie because I often re-read this quote when I'm feeling down about a past love or defeated. The two characters having the conversation are brothers, and they are discussing a girl that one of the brothers loved in high school. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Donald Kaufman: I loved Sarah, Charles. It was mine, that love. I owned it. Even Sarah didn't have the right to take it away. I can love whoever I want. 
Charlie Kaufman: But she thought you were pathetic. 
Donald Kaufman: That was her business, not mine. You are what you love, not what loves you. That's what I decided a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment