Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Grateful Game

About a year and a half ago, I read The Secret. A lot of people are skeptical about this, or don't believe in it, but I do. I am a firm and strong believer in the concepts that the book portrays. When I was working on fully grasping the concept of being grateful, my mom and I started to play "The Grateful Game."
           We would usually play this in moments of frustration, anger, sadness, or when we were feeling the need to talk poorly about another person. Because sending out bad energy will bring bad energy back, this game worked perfectly to emit good energy instead. I even taught Pitt this game!
           To play, you need at least one other person to talk with either in person, over the phone, online, or even through texting. One person starts by stating something they are grateful for and the other person follows. For example, "I am grateful for...(fill in the blank)!"
           You go back and forth like this at least three times. By the end, you should feel better, but you must feel the feeling of gratitude as you play the game.
           It may seem silly, but I believe it works. So when I have moments with friends, family, interests, or strangers, playing "The Grateful Game" releases my tension when I can't go for a run or I don't want to vent. Being grateful and appreciative is just one of the simple ways I know how to feel love.

No comments:

Post a Comment