Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yes and no, no and yes

This post's inspiration comes from a comment answering the question about the best love advice you've received. The advice was:


Say yes to the guys you usually say no to, and say no to the guys you usually say yes to.


I had heard this before, but I'm still unsure as to how I feel about it. I know that there are guys who fall into the good category, okay category, and bad category. (I created each of these categories based on the extent of my happiness and how well each person in the relationship treats the other.) 
            I've learned about the type of guy that I should be steering clear from, and yet, I have said yes to the guys that I normally wouldn't, and I've still been hurt. 
           Maybe it narrows down to making sure that all your ducks in a row, not just a few of them. When you put yourself out there, there's always the chance that you may get hurt. It's the lack of trying, or lack of being open, that sets us up for extreme loneliness or unhappiness. 
           I'm just particular, and yet, I will make this a goal of mine. The next person I meet, who I would normally not even think twice about talking to, I will give that person a chance. How about that? You should try it too. Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment