Monday, June 28, 2010

Weak in the knees? Run away.

Have you ever met someone who made you go weak in the knees? It's almost as if your knees turned into jell-o or mush. Your heart beats faster and faster. And it's as if some power has taken hold of you, and you just can't resist him. I'm guilty of having this experience, too many times to count.
              I'm not sure if I've still learned my lesson with this feeling, or if there is even a lesson to be learned, but I think that the advice a dear friend gave me once is good advice.

"If he makes you weak in the knees, start running in the opposite direction."

              I don't know if you've ever tapped into your intuition or "gut feeling," but if you have, I would recommend listening to it when it comes to the weak in the knees feeling. As I perused Facebook during my lunch break, I found that one of my former interests most definitely gave me that weak in the knees feeling. Except when we were first getting to know each other, I was wary of him, but I did not run away.
              I definitely wouldn't change a thing of my past, including getting involved with him. I just wonder if some of the heart ache I felt with him could have been prevented if I hadn't gotten involved.
              It's just another lesson. Whether it's learned or not, it's still something to note. Maybe the next guy I meet that gives me that feeling, I will run in the other direction, but who knows. I guess I have to meet someone new first.

1 comment:

  1. in the future you should be wary of the charming ones. they are the easiest to fall in to and the best at breaking hearts.

    ReplyDelete