Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just be open?

After this morning's post, I received a comment from an anonymous reader. It irked me, but at the same time, it made me realize something about myself. What I look for when I want to be dating someone is both a best friend and a love. But as I look back on all my previous relationships, I notice that none of them had ever started out as just friends, like Anonymous's current situation.
             I appreciate this comment because it's one of those "ah-ha" moments where maybe I need to be more clear in portraying what I mean in my posts. As a writer, I should be conscious of my word choices. 
             A thought that crossed my mind is that maybe I'm not open to building new relationships right now. Again, relationships require a lot of work. I have a pretty solid friend base, even though they are sprawled out across the country. And lately, I have not been my best self in maintaining some of these.
            Yet, I have decided to attend one of my friends's book group. So maybe I am open to forming new relationships, I just didn't realize that my actions are speaking louder than my words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment