Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Guilt, not my pleasure

Recently, my mind and body has been taken over by Guilt. Guilt in every shape and size! It has appeared when I forget to return a call and lingers on parts of my past. Some days Guilt feels like a ghost who will not stop following me around.
          Some of these little things that I am feeling guilty about I should not let over power me, but other things hold a deeper place in my soul. Those things will take time for me to push Guilt from my life. And I know that I cannot fully open myself up to love and relationships if I do not, in some ways, conquer this feeling.
           In my quest to resolve this strong, negative emotion, I have been researching. I looked up the definition of guilt. Then I turned to Amazon.com to see what people were reading to help themselves. (Yes, I am a huge advocate for self-help books!) I made a list of a few books and checked them out of the library.
           The first book I opened, I haven't been able to put down. It's called It's My Pleasure: A Revolutionary Plan to Free Yourself From Guilt and Create the Life You Want by Maria Rodale and Maya Rodale. I have to be honest, I think this book has begun to open my eyes. It's reminding me that it's okay to take time for me and to do something that I love and makes me happy (and not feel guilty).
            I love to write. For some time, I had felt guilt for blogging, but I am teaching myself to let go of that guilty feeling because writing on here is something that makes me happy. This is something that I do for me. "It's my pleasure."

No comments:

Post a Comment