Wednesday, June 23, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Today's a day of celebration. It's my mom's birthday! As I've grown up, I've learned about all different types of relationships and about the role love plays in them. Love for a father, love for a sister, love for a best friend, love for a boyfriend, love for a pet, love for an aunt, love for a grandmother, and love for a mother.
            I am blessed because I have a complete and loving family. My parents have been happily married for over 25 years. My extended family lives close by, so I have very few memories of birthday celebrations without them present. And I have a younger sister, who I look up to because of her strength. For all of this, I am grateful.
            But today is about my mother. Today is about how grateful I am that I have spent the past 22 years being loved unconditionally by a mom, a role model, and most importantly, a best friend. Even though I had moments where my love for her probably was questioned because I did not show it as much as I should have, I still have always loved her with all of my heart.
            I hope that she's reminded every day of how grateful I am for her constant presence in my life. Her love for myself, my sister, and my dad radiates throughout her and our home. I may be older now, and hopefully wiser, but my love for my mom will always be there. We don't have to say I love you all the time because we feel the love, and that makes me smile.
            Mom, I'm wishing you a happy and wonderful birthday! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment