Monday, May 10, 2010

Ain't gonna pin me down

There's someone who I have failed to mention in my blog. I wouldn't say that I haven't tried to mention him, but I don't know if mentioning him will help or harm our cause. He means more to me than I can put into words, but he also fails to be reliable all the time.
            I struggled to think of a nickname for him until VP put things into a perfect perspective. Safety Pin will be his nickname. Why?
            Because he plays the role of a safety pin in my life, most of the time. For Christmas, he bought me a watch with safety pins, but beyond that he's actually like a safety blanket for me. We stick together, and when he does fix things for me, it's just like a safety pin. He's someone I consider to be one of my closest guy friends.
            However, the problem with safety pins is that they can come undone. Just as quickly and painlessly as they fix something, safety pins can come apart. And that happen sometimes with us. Sometimes, when I need him the most, he's not there.
            So as much as there is magic and genuine love and true friendship between the two of us, Safety Pin and I cannot date. Or at least, not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment