Monday, May 31, 2010

Empty and alone

I woke up this morning with the realization that today would be the last day I could sleep in late until the weekend. I went back to sleep in hopes that this anxiety, fear and loneliness would subside. It didn't.
          In reality, I am no where near alone. I have both my parents and loving sister living with me. I have some great friends and a guy that I am interested in. So what is it that I'm missing? What do I not want to admit?
          I do not like change, nor do I handle it well sometimes. I'm afraid to speak because I might snap. I feel as tightly strung as one of the toy cars that I had when I was little. One of the ones where you pull it backwards and when you release it, it goes flying across the floor.
          Tomorrow is my first day officially in the real world. I have a fabulous job that I'm beyond excited for, but to be honest, I'm really nervous and scared. Tomorrow, I will be an employed college graduate. Summer won't be the same type of summer anymore.
          I should be grateful that I graduated college with a job, but these emotions have overcome me today because I'm about to experience a big change. And with my best friends scattered across the country, I find that my weekends here might not be filled with adventures of Shananny nor Bestest.
          For the time being, I must sit with this emptiness and hope that as the day progresses, I will be able to calm my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment