Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sweet 6th grade satisfaction

Do you remember back in 6th grade the "it" boys? The ones that every girl had a crush on, including me? I do. Unfortunately, in 6th grade, I was not looking so good. I basically had a uni-brow, was bone-thin because my metabolism ran faster than an Olympian, and was clueless on how to approach guys.
            Last night, a couple of my friends and I went to Sundown Saloon, one of the few drinking establishments in this town. As we camped out at the bar, I caught someone's eye. That someone just happened to be my crush from 6th grade. I still remember feeling like I couldn't live without him even though we had never even kissed. Yes, I will even admit to writing poems about him.
            Now, he's not nearly as hot as he used to be (he's put on a few pounds in college), although he's still quite attractive. I just feel satisfied that after so much of my angst, the tables have turned, and he's the one oogling at me, instead of the reverse. I feel sweetly satisfied and look forward to more nights out in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment