Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Some reflections (and Bear's back!)

Yesterday, I lay on the quad with Pitt in the sun, and I kept flashing back to last summer when Detective and I would spend our Saturdays feeling that hot July heat in Central Park. He would burn and freckle, while I turned a dark brown.
            I miss him, but for reasons that I will not go into right now, we won't ever date again. There was just something magical about our summer romance, and I thank him for that. I'm very much looking forward to having dinner with him once I move home because he's still someone I want in my life.
           Then I was thinking about how Pitt and mine's relationship has developed over the past few months. If you look at us before and after our "break up," we are exactly the same minus the making out. I like this. Yes, I still like him, but I'm really happy about being able to talk to him about anything (even THE). You don't find companionship in someone this quickly very often.
           Oh, and Bear's back in my life. He contacted me yesterday about my new job, and what I thought would be a short conversation turned into a couple hours of talking, exactly like we used to. I am SO happy! He's going to be home this summer and is going to try harder this time around. I forgot how much he made me smile all the time when we were talking almost 24/7.
            I say this as a smiling Fool: this could be the re-start of something good, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment