Friday, May 21, 2010

Snuggle seats

You know what's nice about the movie theater here? Snuggle seats. Last night, Bear and I went on our first date of the summer to see Iron Man 2. And instead of having to lean awkwardly over an arm rest, you can just lift it up and proceed with snuggling.
               I must say that I'm really looking forward to this summer. I'm comfortable around him, and he's just as smart, funny and charming as I remember. Driving to his house last night, I vented to Bestest that I was nervous, but as soon as I got a hug from him, my nerves vanished.
               Simply put, I like him. Not so simply put, I'm afraid. He's the kind of guy that I could see myself spending tons of time with and not getting sick of. He's the kind of guy you can bring home to your parents, and they'll adore him. He's the kind of guy who I could get attached to, but then my fear appears.
               He's hurt me before. The last time that we ended whatever we were, it was because of the distance. I know I support living in the moment, but what happens when (not if) I get attached and he heads back to Boston in the fall for graduate school? Detective and I did this last summer, but we talked about how we would be done in the fall.
              Unfortunately, we still got hurt. I still wouldn't take back a single moment though. Here we go again...

2 comments:

  1. i've only been reading your blog for a few days now, but you've definitely hit on a few subjects close to my heart lol! i was just wondering how did you meet Bear?

    thanks and keep it up!

    and for the record i think you should just go for it with him... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Bear through friends. I'm glad you're enjoying reading! Do you keep a blog?

    ReplyDelete