Sunday, May 9, 2010

Of course she's awesome

Last night, I met Thursday, or maybe I should rename her as Really Awesome Girl. Thursday is Pitt's ex-girlfriend, and just as I expected, I want to be good friends with her. I'm not surprised by this though because in the past, guys have lead me to meet and become best friends with girls.
             Not only is she smart and funny, I think the best way to describe her is adorable. I understand why Pitt is in love with her. How could a guy not be?
             The strange part though is that there was no awkwardness or discomfort between us. Pitt and Thursday picked me up from my apartment before heading back to his house to drink and eat. Conversation was easy. Later in the night, at a very random house party, Thursday and I bonded to the point where Pitt wanted to come hang out too, but we giggled and said no because it was girl chatter time.
             Sometimes in girl world, we try to find a fault in another to make ourselves feel better, but I don't want to to do that with Thursday.
             I'm proud of myself. I pushed past that road block of normally cutting guys out of my life when things don't work out. Now I have a group of great guy friends, and potentially a great new girl friend. Sometimes sacrifices are worth it because one form of happiness may be replaced with a different, better kind of happiness.

And as promised, an honorable mention to Pancakes, Napkin, Wolfman and Gamer for being fabulous friends of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment