Sunday, May 30, 2010

But I do appreciate girl time

Yesterday, I spent the entire day with a boy, specifically Safety Pin. He had bought me tickets to a Yankee game for my birthday, so we made the trek together to watch the Yankees lose, while getting sunburned and laughing a lot. He's a great person to have in my life, and throughout the game I continually said thank you for doing this for me.
             After what seemed like the longest day in the world, I headed over to Shananny's house to hang out with just the girls. I haven't laughed that hard or that much in a long time. All of our conversation didn't focus around boys, but around found college memories that would leave me in tears from laughing so hard.
             I envy Shananny because she had some of the college experience that I would have hoped for. A solid group of girl friends that stuck together through the easy and hard times. I won't say that I didn't love college, and Safety Pin is one of the reminders that I did build lifelong friendships with both guys and girls, I just still hope to find what Shananny has.
             Girl love is much different than falling in love with a guy. True girl love is an example of having a screaming fight and five minutes later being best friends again. Or not speaking for what seems like years then picking up where you left off without a question. That love is the kind a guy can give you, but I don't go searching for it. I may not have a solid group of girl friends that I can laugh with, but I do have several best girl friends, that I will always be able to reach to no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment