Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An apology

It never occurred to me to ask the guys that I'm writing about if it was okay to write about them. After telling my father that Bear preferred I didn't write about him, his response was "You shouldn't be writing about him, if you are seriously considering something with him."
            I guess he's right. From now on, I won't be blogging about Bear, and I'm sorry for not being honest and upfront with him about this. In the past, the guys I had been seeing found this on their own and all were flattered that they were being written about. But if you look back, I'm not with them now, am I?
            When Bear first confronted me about my blog, I was extremely angry that he didn't want me to write about him anymore. I felt like a piece of me was being stomped upon and that I was changing for him. In reality, that's not the case. I don't think that I have said anything truly demeaning about any of the guys on here, except maybe Mr. Pop, but in any case Bear makes a good point.
            What goes on between him and I should only be between him and I. So until I stop seeing Bear, he will no longer be a regularly featured guy here.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad is right. I always wondered if you did it subconsciously or not but you basically get guys to do what you want once you blog about them. no one wants to be written poorly about so once they know you have a blog (as soon as you post something new) they act differently than normal (which definitely isnt good) for the aforementioned reason. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete