Friday, May 28, 2010

Wasted affection?

Talk not of wasted affections; affection is never wasted.

That is written in blue on a slip of paper that came from inside one of the fortune cookies I ate with THE. This morning, while I lay in bed thinking about how I show my affection, I realized I have made some wonderfully romantic gestures, and I felt gloomy.
             Usually, I bake to show my appreciation or care for another. Whether it's for one of my parents, my sister, a friend, or the guy I'm seeing, it would be shocking if I didn't cook or bake at least once for them. Sometimes, like this morning, I find myself in a mood telling myself: you're a fool, why would you do such a thing?
             I look back and realize that every time I have done something, my heart ends up looking like someone did jumping jacks on it. But I shouldn't think about that ending because I like showing my affection through gifts, baking and hugs. So today, I will push aside those thoughts and think about my affections that are most definitely not wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment