Saturday, May 22, 2010

Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Little Bear

Except Little Bear is the tallest of the bears. This afternoon, I had the pleasure of meeting Bear's parents. We sat outside on his back patio in Adirondack chairs laughing and chatting. As I suspected, his parents are great, and I adore his mother.
               Funny how I knew this is exactly what would happen. I hung out for a couple hours, finally got the grand tour of his house, then relaxed in the kitchen while they started cooking dinner. We discussed Bear's upcoming birthday, then I got in my car and headed home for dinner with my family.
               I couldn't seem to stop smiling the whole car ride. Why would I question spending time with someone if the end of the summer could mean pain? I really like hanging out with Bear, even if it is watching a hockey game I don't care about. I'll still be careful, but at least I know that I've got something great waiting for me.
               There are just parts of my past that I wish I could talk to him about, but am too afraid to. I'm just happy to know that when I invite him over to bake cookies with me, he actually will, unlike THE. Side note, I haven't heard from THE in days. I'm disappointed, but it wasn't going anywhere anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment