Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Successfully single senior year

I expected to cry yesterday. I thought I would, but I didn't. I took my last final exams of my undergraduate career. This is beyond bittersweet. Bitter because I love school (including class) more than anything; yes, I'm a total dork. But sweet because I'm about to start brand new adventures, maybe with brand new boys?
              Anyhow, I look back to August, and I think about how I walked into this school year wanting to be single, and guess what? I was technically single for the entire year. After entering a summer romance with Detective knowing that we would end when I came back to Syracuse, I told myself to be single, and I was, very successfully.
              I say technically single because I did see guys throughout the year; sometimes multiples at the same time. No, I'm not as innocent as I let on to be, but sometimes knowing less doesn't hurt anyone. I'm happy I've been single for all this time. Great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment