Monday, May 17, 2010

Definitely when I get back

To start, I'm sorry for not posting over the past few days. I'm officially a graduate of Syracuse University. As I stood next to Bestest on the football field of the dome, tears welled up in my eyes. We moved our tassels from the right to the left, and this place was no longer home.
              I'm hurting. Bear and I talked, and he's not sad like I am. I know I will still see my closest friends, but it won't be at the bar or in passing on the quad. As I struggle to write this, I am thinking about how much of a love affair I had with this place.
              Instead of reminiscing, I will think about the bright side. Over my last few days, I got to spend lots of time with THE. Sleepovers, flirting, talking, laughing and eating, but that won't happen the same way anymore.
              As I plopped down on his futon on Friday night, I burst into tears. The walls of his room were bare, and the cozy feeling I had when I spent my time in his third floor bedroom was gone. He smirked and teasingly yelled at me to stop crying, but a reality was kicking in. It wasn't until we were play fighting in his bed that I was back to my giggling self.
              I asked if we would hang out still after we left campus, and he told me it was up to me. And I guess it is. I want to see him when we get home, but who knows what will end up happening. I find that things change because of environment and location. That's definitely the case with Safety Pin.
               I have to be honest, I miss THE. And that was not what I thought would happen.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment