Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mr. Pop feels bad?

Boy likes girl. Girl likes boy. Girl lets her guard. Boy smashes on girl's heart. The end.

This is what happened with me and Mr. Pop. But guess what readers? Mr. Pop feels bad! There's something extremely satisfying knowing that he's hurting because of how we ended.
           We finally chatted on the phone today, sober. Sober is key because last time we had talked, we were at the bar. And as much as I stressed that I wanted to be friends with him, he didn't believe me. But anyone who knows me, and I think he got to know the real me pretty well, should know that I forgive far too easily and always just want everybody to happy and friends.
            I am happy. I really want him and I to be friends, good friends. When you look at any relationship, or any semi-solid relationship, you should uncover a fabulous friendship.
           If you take away the cuddling, the kissing, the sex, you should have a great friend staring you in the face. A best friend. I'd like to say that before everything fell apart with us, Mr. Pop and I were great friends. And to be honest, I miss that.
            When we got off the phone today, I smiled. It may have taken several months to get to this point, but if that's what it takes to have someone you miss back in your life, then I will accept that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment