Monday, April 19, 2010

Floods of tears

The other night, one of my closest girl friends called me crying hysterically. When someone you consider a best friend, a sister, one of your family, or a part of you, is heart broken, you feel it too. How do you help stop that flood of tears?
          You know you truly care about your friend when your heart instantly breaks too. But after those tears subside, how do you help your friend when you know that she's still broken inside? How do you help when that piece of crap guy broke her heart?
          I don't have an answer to this one. Bestest helped me when things ended with Pitt, by laying in bed all day with me, rubbing my back. But when the person you love is miles away, how do you comfort her? As much as I wish I could teleport myself to wherever the stupid guy is to beat him up, I can't.
           I would definitely beat him up if I could, but I'm a petite little lady, and I also am a firm believer that violence is not the answer. So phone calls, texts, emails and cards are all we have sometimes to try to help her pick up the pieces of her broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment