Thursday, April 1, 2010

Perspective.

Sometimes, humans have moments, where we become so self-consumed that we forget about the big picture. Yesterday, Bestest and I were walking back to my apartment, and I overheard a girl ranting about a guy that she had been seeing.
          Why is it that our lives, as women, have become so consumed by men? But the thing is, it's not men. It's love. Love comes in all shapes and forms. Love from your parents. Love from your family. Love from your sister, or brother. Love from your friends. Love from your pets, like my Winston or Tigger!
            But it's that genuine love that we forget, and that love that we crave, all at once. I won't tell my story about my first true love with a guy. A fairy tale romance to be exact. (You can read it in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Campus Chronicles, the story is "Puzzle Pieces.") I will tell you that love doesn't have to be that all-consuming emotion that I quoted Member saying yesterday about how when you wake up in the morning and are so sure.
            Love is its own entity, where, no matter what, you can turn to it, and say "I need you right now." And when you need that love the most, it will come to you. Through your Mom, your Dad, your sister, your best friend, your interest, or even your dog. Because if that love is true love, it will give you a hug even if you're a million miles away.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite entry thus far.... And your right its not the men we are consumed with.. its love. :)

    ReplyDelete