Saturday, April 3, 2010

Like falling into spring.

"To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful." -Bess Myerson

Two different kinds of falling in love happen. Falling in love with someone, and falling in love with a person, who is not falling in love with you. And the difference is pretty damn simple. You feel like you're flying on top of the world, holding your lover's hand, and just can't get enough of that new, exciting emotion of invincibility.
          And then there's the other kind. That wonderful feeling of love, and wanting and needing someone else, but they don't feel the same way back. Now that I write this, I wonder if you could even call it falling in love since love is a mutual experience.
          I'm home in Connecticut for the weekend to celebrate Easter. The weather is perfect: low 70s, sunshine galore, and the fresch scent of hyacinths (my all-time favorite flower!). What this time of year really reminds me of though, is love.
          About 2 years ago now, I was falling in love for the first time, but this year, instead of being the emotional trainwreck and a completely broken Fool, I am optomistic. Even though I am realizing that I don't want a serious relationship right now, I do want to fall in love again, at some point. And for that optomism, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment