Thursday, April 29, 2010

Follow up to commitment

Today, Saucy and I had lunch together to catch up. Of course, conversation focused around boys, and she had me use nicknames instead of real names so she could keep track of who I was talking about.
          We finally got to talking about one guy in particular, and the following occured:

Me: If things were different, we would definitely be together.
Saucy: So he would be your boyfriend?
Me, cringing: No, not my boyfriend. I would just be with him.
Saucy: Your boyfriend.
Me, still cringing: No, just together. No title. Not my boyfriend.

I don't really know why I am having such a hard time with the idea of committing to someone. I do not think I have issues with commitment considering I signed a job offer today. I am committing myself to work at a great company and that doesn't scare me. Yes, this Fool is employed before she graduates.
           But what is it about committing to a guy that makes me cringe?

No comments:

Post a Comment