Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh, just some roses

My most recent post was not completely random. Although, I do look back on my previous relations often, yesterday I was reminded of how wonderful it feels to receive flowers.
         My friend, Best Date Ever, invited me to his fraternity's formal, which took place last night. Bestest and I finally were both invited, and since we are in different sororities, we jumped at the opportunity.
         Upon getting to our friends' house, we each were given a bouquet of flowers. Bestest was given a bunch of white and pink roses, while I received three simple, but beautiful red roses. This gesture caught me off guard, and I was beyond flattered.
         The night ended up being wonderful, and Best Date Ever actually won the award for the best formal date ever, in Fool's book. He was sweet, funny, attentive, thoughtful and a complete gentleman. Even though I don't have a romantic interest in him, I found it refreshing to just have a great night with a friend.
         After the formal, we headed to Chuck's where we met up with Pitt and company. Later in the night, Pitt made the comment, "You're doing work in that dress." So, I responded, "Are you trying to tell me I look pretty?" We both smiled and ordered slices of crappy cheese pizza.
          I had really hoped to see THE last night, but we are going to have lunch this week, and I am very excited about this! I would like to make some homemade mozzarella sticks for dinner with him too...hint, hint.

P.S. THE is flattered that I have written about him in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment